Ad Disclosure After pulling out an armful of static laundry, I decided I couldn’t let one more load go into that blasted static maker (a.k.a dryer). I had been out of dryer sheets for days. I immediately ran over to the nearest store which happens to be K-mart. I stood in the isle with two boxes in my hands comparing costs. After crunching numbers and calculating cost per load, I remembered something that one of my best friends (her name is Pinterest by the way) had told me about making your own DIY reusable dryer sheets. I got on my iPhone right there in the store and looked up what I needed to get. K-mart is next to a dollar store and I knew that I could find everything that I needed there instead.
To Make Them
- Cut the sponges in half and put them in the container.
- In a separate container, mix equal parts fabric softener and water (2 cups each for my size container)
- Then, Pour the well mixed liquid over the sponges. If you have excess, put it in a spray bottle and add more water to make DIY Miracle Wrinkle Eraser Spray.
To Use Them
- Take out one or two halves, squeeze out the excess and throw them in the dryer before your clothes.
- As you transfer the wet laundry from the washer the excess solution will come mostly off of your hands.
I am really excited about this dryer sheet alternative!
I just pulled out my first load and it smells as fresh as the morning. The best part is, I don’t have to scavenge through the laundry pile looking for the used dryer sheet that is stuck somewhere to the inside of one of my shirts.